Barbara/Jean Ltd. is always looking for talented, capable and reliable team members to join our fast-paced, high-end environment. Our boutique is world renowned in the fashion industry with sophisticated expectations in excellent customer service. If you feel you have what it takes to help Barbara/Jean continue growing as the finest retail presence in Arkansas and nationally, download our employment application here and send it with a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Company
Now in its 45th year, Barbara/Jean has been serving the women of central Arkansas for nearly half a century, offering luxury brands and covetable designers. A position at Barbara/Jean is more than a retail job—it’s an opportunity to turn a love of fashion into a life-long career, with opportunities to advance into buying positions!
Do you love fashion and dream of having a career as a buyer one day? We are seeking a full-time Buyer's Assistant to join our retail team. Above all, the Buyer's Assistant's role is to assist our Merchandise Manager and buying team as needed, while offering the excellent customer service that is expected at Barbara/Jean. You'll have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of buying, and build the foundation needed to one day have a career as a fashion buyer!
Essential Position Functions:
- Meet monthly sales goal – setting aside time each day to reach out to clients.
- Run inventory lists, progress reports, action reports and merchandising reports.
- Work with our vendors to send/receive reports, and assist with travel plans, budget spreadsheets and special orders.
- Work with our buyers to develop marketing strategies for new merchandise, ensure trunk shows are scheduled, and stay up to date on vendor reports and success of new and existing lines.
- Assist buyers with market schedules, order entry, special orders, and researching new designers when requested.
In addition to health, vision and dental insurance packages, as well as a 401K match, Barbara/Jean employees enjoy the added perks of working day-time hours with no late nights or Sundays. Our team members also receive sales training and tools to grow their clientele and earning potential. We also offer advancement and buying opportunities.
- High School diploma or equivalent 2. Prior retail or sales experience 3. Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills 4. Proven excellent customer service skills 5. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment 6. Strong leadership qualities, training and team building skills 7. Communicate with customers, standing and maneuvering around sales floor and stockroom, operate register, lift and carry 30 pounds, hang/fold merchandise, reaching, pushing/pulling 8. Regular attendance is essential to this position in order to ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives
Please send resume to Melanie at email@example.com. Barbara/Jean, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
LOCAL MODELS NEEDED
- We are looking for professional, outgoing, friendly, models.
- Clean professional appearance.
- Height: 5’8” – 6' ft
- Sizes: 2 – 6
- Age: 18 and up
- Prompt and dependable with scheduling.